beauty,

Skinny & Co. Sugar Scrub

12:00:00 AM Arianne 4 Comments


Lately, I realized that I was starting to love the smell of coconuts, as well as the taste. As luck would have it, I found my favorite sugar scrub, possibly of all time, from Skinny & Co.

The one I got was the 2oz jar and it retailed for $12, but if you wanted to go all out and buy the 9oz jar, it would cost $30. But wait, why in the world would you even want this scrub?

First of all, I found only three ingredients in this product:
Have I mentioned how much I love natural products? This definitely made it into my all-time favorite as soon as I opened it, and definitely when I tried it. I was really happy to know that it was multifunctional. 

  • I personally decided to use this as my lip scrub -- the biggest jar of lip scrub I'd ever seen or owned. I found that it was also edible, so it was totally okay that I wanted to eat it off my lips after I used it.
  • This was marketed as an all-over body exfoliant. That sounded to me like it could be used for the body AND the face. However, since coconut oil had been known to be comedogenic, I would limit the facial use to the lips. If you do decide to use it during a pamper session--alone or otherwise--try not to eat it off your skin. As delicious as it might be, that would just be too gross eating too much dead skin with sugar (lol). 
  • Since this was made of coconut sugar, this could also be added to drinks that you would use sugar for, like coffee. The vanilla bean would also add a little more deliciousness if you used it this way. 
  • Lastly, for those of you who used self tanning products, according to the website, this would be a nice product to use to prep the skin.

Not only was this product made with all-natural ingredients, it was also very gentle on my lips. It wasn't abrasive or anything like that. Plus, it honestly had the most amazing scent I had ever smelled. You know when you would smell something and say: "it smells good enough to eat"? Yep, that was totally the case with this product. If it wasn't so expensive, I might even consider having it for dessert. It would be a healthier alternative--if eaten moderately--compared to all the Cadbury squares I'd eat every workday after lunch.

One last tidbit from the website said that this product was gluten free and BPA free. I'd say this was all kinds of winning in my book! Skinny & Co. was kind enough to provide me with a discount code for anyone interested in trying their products. Just use ' SKINNYCO15 ' at checkout to get 15% off your order. 

Let me know in the comments how much you love coconut-scented products! Also, let me know if this would be something you'd want to try.

x Ayre

*Thank you to Skinny & Co. for sending me the products to try and providing the discount code for my readers.
Stay tuned for other reviews from this brand. Also, the "favorite uses" leaflet is for the coconut oil, not just the sugar scrub.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow it sounds like such a lovely scrub, and that its all natural is even better xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is such a multi use product, I love things like that! I'm really into natural skincare now so I think I'd love this!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love multi-function products, too! It feels like I'm saving money :D

      Delete