celebration,

I Photographed A Wedding

12:00:00 AM Arianne 6 Comments


A month ago, I was hired to photograph a small wedding. It was my first event. I was stressed during the week leading to the wedding, but when I got there, it wasn't actually that bad. I did my best and I was glad to have experienced my first wedding as a person and as a photographer.


The church didn't really have any decorations because there was a wedding prior to the ceremony that I photographed. It was a small gathering and I learned that it was like any other mass with a wedding ceremony in between. It was interesting. After the ceremony, I was given a photographer's biggest compliment: "it was as if there was no photographer." What it meant was that I was very discreet that people didn't notice me much. Phew. First part done.


The dip was my favorite pose. I asked the couple if they wouldn't mind doing it for the camera. I was actually proud that I was able to get this shot because it happened so quickly. The dress was heavy and it wasn't possible to do the dip for more than a few seconds. But it came out beautiful, didn't it?


The location of the reception was in a hall and the tables were simple. The decorations made up for it, though. The color lavender was everywhere--the bride's favorite color. People arrived, food was served, and people started eating. An hour later, the dancing started.


The dance with the bride and her firstborn was the most emotional for me. I felt so privileged to have witnessed such a beautiful moment between mom and son. It was something I wouldn't forget for a while.

I don't know that I would photograph another event, but I was glad I got to experience this one. It was a beautiful celebration. The best part was seeing how happy the bride was. Thank you to Lily and Andy for having me.

x Ayre

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photography! You have great skills!

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that's amazing! I bet they were so happy with the photos you took!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to photograph weddings for a while but I would be so nervous. You did a fab job, especially that dip photo - I bet the bride and groom are so pleased!!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much!! I definitely prefer controlled photo shoots where I can have a do-over :)

      Delete